8.07.2008

DIETS...WHAT A WASTE


Recently I started doing this diet called "The Weight Loss Cure 'THEY' Don't Want You to Know About" It is written by Kevin Trudeau. It is a very interesting book, even if you aren't going to do the diet. It has some very interesting points. A little bit about this diet is you have to have a doctor supervise you. And my roommate Lauren's dad prescribed it to me. So here's the skinny, literally....
I inject myself with a shot every morning and inside the syringe is a hormone called hCG. It is released in pregnant women and it helps release the fat reserve in the body. So right now, my body is reshaping and my metabolism is re-starting you could say. For the first two days I gorged on whatever. Cookies, candy, Cafe Rio, Pizza, you name it, I ate it. And it was incredible. Then after the first two days I start a new phase.
Phase 2.
I eat 500 calories a day, and the hCG releases about 1500 more. So I'm not hungry. I can eat only a few fruits, Apple, Grapefruit, or Strawberries. And I only eat a few meats as well. The book gave me a list, but I eat Chicken, Sirloin, and Hamburger meat. I have to weigh the meat out, and it can only be 100 grams. I also eat lettuce, tomatoes, cucumber, and I use spices to flavor everything. One catch...EVERYTHING HAS TO BE ORGANIC. Shampoo, Conditioner, toothpaste, body wash. That's right, it has to be organic. It wasn't too hard to find places that have organic things. This being the upside of living really close to Salt Lake. They have a Whole Foods, which is an organic grocer. Very nice right? So I started doing this July 7th and I ended August 3rd. The catch with this diet is that you have to go a minimum of 21 days and a maximum of 45 days. No less, no more. And these days consist of the 500 calories and injecting the shot everyday. I went a few more days, about 5 days longer. I wasn't where I wanted to be. But then I wasn't losing any so I figured why starve myself when I can be eating delicious foods?
Maintenance:
I still eat everything organic, but I can start adding in bread and stuff. But not just any kind of bread. It has to be sprouted bread, and not made with flour or any kind of sugar or gluten. But anything I eat CAN'T contain High Fructose Corn Syrup, Starch of sugar. I started maintenance yesterday, August 6th. The food may not be what everyone else in my house eats, but what I do have it the most amazing thing ever. I can't even begin to tell you what it felt like having cereal, and a piece of toast. Oh and the bread and cereal is by the brand ezekiel. And NO NOT the clothing company. I can have fruits, but no grapes or bananas. They have too much sugar and have starch. And no beans, carrots, and corn.
Seriously read the book. It is so neat what this diet has done for me and I've seen the results in other people as well. But mostly I've noticed a difference in myself. It is cool guys, seriously.


***See if you guys can see a difference...

BEFORE...


AFTER...

16 comments:

  1. looking good! and way to stick with it, i dont think i could do it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. HOLY FREAK you look FABULOUS! I need this. Have you talked to Jules lately? I think she is doing this too....i at least know she is doing the shots.

    awesome job.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Miss, you look great...I have always thought that though. Way to go girl! Hope all is well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Missy-
    Saw your blog on Tainers and couldn't resist leaving a comment. You look Fantastic! But I've always thought you were sooo cute with an awesome personality to boot! I flipped through that book at my mom's one day and thought, "No way, that sounds way too hard!" Way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Missy this is Lindsay Clyde (from school,hope you remember me) I came across your blog from danas. How are you? I can seriously tell a difference with that diet! You look so good! How much have you lost? I love your blog. Sorry to blog stalk :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. misssssssssssssy you look fab!

    ReplyDelete
  7. miss...you look awesome!!!! way to stick with it. sounds hard. is the diet a total lifetime change? i dont think i could do the shot thing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am 7 months along... My due date is October 21 (not soon enough) I really dont have much to complain about being pregnant except that I AM ALWAYS HOTTTT! It sucks :( Are you going to school in fall?? Im not cause of baby but I will be back in spring.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Not that you looked bad at all before, but you're freaking sexy!!! pretty much Everyone in my family is doing it, mike's lost close to 50 pounds on it, I'm a believer!

    ReplyDelete
  10. And you are even smaller now than in the second picture! Amazing miss! You look amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  11. so I've heard of that.. one of my clients moms started up an office or two up north... her whole fam is quite big and so when she started seeing the results losin 100's of pounds she decided to do a place of her own with a doc. to be able to prescribe the hcg. I am gonna wait til i'm done nursing than i wanna try it.. I'm a little sceptical though ha... but you look awesome!!! I just always worry bout something goin wrong with me.. it scares me.. but I'm happy to hear you tried it and youre still alive hah.. and look great makes me wanna give it a shot! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. missy. we do this in our office, and i talked julie into doing it. and shes going to look bomb. like you! come get a b12 from me ladie.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow.. I am impressed. You always look so dang cute but you look extra extra great. You will have to keep us posted on your continuous success.

    ReplyDelete
  14. It was so good to see you Miss, you look great!

    ReplyDelete
  15. missy, you look awesome! I think the world of anyone who can commit to something like that deserves it! That sounds really hard, but it sounds like something we should all be doing! Eating smaller portions and whole foods, where have we gone wrong?

    ReplyDelete
  16. WOW! That's awesome Missy! I have read about HCG a couple of times and my friend Katie also tried the HCG diet and I know a lot of people that have done it. You look amazing! Are you still keeping it all off? How was it injecting all that??? Was it weird? I hate needles... even the thought of them! It's like 1,500 for the program, right? Great to find you on blogspot! xo

    ReplyDelete