2.18.2009

New York, I Love You...

HELLO NEW YORK CITY, MY SOON TO BE HOME (Maybe...)

-So last week, I got invited to join my parents, Monte and Lisa Holm, and Julie Holm. We arrived, Julie and I, pretty late on Tuesday night, and ate some pizza, had a 1/4 of a Magnolia's cupcake, and then went to bed. The next morning, we, (Gretchen, Me, Julie, and Lisa), met Leigh Stephens and walked through Central Park. And let me tell you, the weather was B-EA-U-TIFUL! It was warm, and all you needed was a light jacket.

-We then went back to the apartment we were staying in, on 56th 6. Perfect location, I can't even begin to explain it. Then we walked around and just loved life. We went to Mary Poppins (my 3rd time) and went to Carmine's afterwards, for come Italian Family Style Cuisine. Oh and as a side note, the guy who played Bert in Mary Poppins, I LOVE HIM!
-Then the next day, was probably one of my favorite days. We went to this Barney's Warehouse Sale. It was the best thing. We walked in, and of course, New York City, Fashion Central, and it was packed. I walked by the shoes, and saw a million pairs I wanted. I pulled out a bunch of Christian Louboutin's, which, I'm not even joking when I say this, he is my dream designer shoe. I will one day own a pair of his shoes...So as you can tell, I didn't get them. But my mom and I walked around and found some really great buys. But while I was waiting in line to get the match to my shoe, I noticed that there was a guy in front of me who looked really familiar. I mean this is NYC, how many people can I know, right? Well this man was in a movie, that I KNOW I've seen, but I can't think of his name, and I still can't. I'm 100% positive that I've seen him in something. And I know this is probably coming as a shock to you, because I usually know who celebs are. (It's not something I'm proud of people). But the weirdest part is that I can't think of anyone who is in the move with him. If I could, I wouldn't be sharing this story. So I was just staring at him, trying to figure out who he was. And it just so happens that I had forgotten my phone at home, so there was no way I could have taken a picture of him. LAME. I'll think of it though one day, trust me. So we left this sale, and left with some great purchases. Then we went home, showered and then went to look for some bedding for me, because we are redoing my room at home in STG. (It's about time, I'm going to finally get rid of the carousel over my toilet. Hello I'm 23!) And then we just walked around the city and again, I was loving life.
-Then the next day, we went for a walk in the park again, and this time the weather wasn't so nice. It was a bit more chilly, and I was regretting not wearing a little heavier jacket. But after that, we again, showered and changed and went to the Mac store, which is the coolest store, hello its underground. And then, I made Gretchen, Lisa and Julie come into Bergdorf Goodman's with me.

-And of course, I asked about hiring. Well folks, it isn't that easy, we are in a recession, and most of the hiring in New York City are frozen. Eek! That is scary. We walked around, and I found the most adorable pair of shoes/sandals. One pair was Kors Michael Kors, and they were so comfortable, and they were brown, with a kind of Indian pattern on it. So cute! Then the other pair were See by Chloe. They were gray and also so adorable. But both cost a pretty penny, so I'm saving up for them! But let's just say that Bergdorf's is great. We then hurried home and went to a restaurant named Buddakan. It's in the meat packing district, 79th 9. It was quite delicious. I enjoyed it. It is an Asian Fusion type of cuisine, this is the words of Doug, he's the expert.
-We did so many things, I can't even begin to explain them. We did go to Bloomingdales, and finally got my bedding! Wahoo! I'm so excited for it. We are copying my room like Serena Van Der Woodson's room, who is a character on Gossip Girl.

-While I'm on the topic, I LOOKED FOR THEM EVERYWHERE! I'm not even joking. I wanted to find Chuck Bass or Nate Archibald or yes even cute/nerd Dan Humphrey. I love them all. And I would date the real person too. Freak, I'd probably marry them if they asked...
-But we got yogurt at Bloomingdales. One word AMAZING!

- I love them and the TV show so much. It is the lifestyles of the rich. ha. One day, one day, right?
My dad, mom and I went to the Guggenheim, and I really enjoyed that, I'd never been. But dad wanted to hurry and rush through it. Which is fine. After that, we went and saw Shrek the Musical, and it was pretty funny. Entertaining. Then we took a 40 minute cab ride to get these doughnuts, that are supposedly the BEST in the world. We were all for trying a Creme Brulee one, and of course when we got there, THEY DIDN'T HAVE ANY!!! Let's just say that Doug was a little upset with me. Oh well. Then we looked for fabric, for my room, and then went to find dinner. We went to a pizza place and the best thing happened...
----SOME MAN DECIDED IT WAS COOL FOR HIM TO GRAB MY BOTTOM. Was he serious? Yes he was. I turned and said "Excuse me", and he kept walking and put his hands up in the "I don't know" what you're talking about. Seriously? Some guys. But dinner was good, and then Sunday, our last day approached. We went to church, brunch, and then Julie and I had to pack our bags to leave. BOO!
-We packed quickly and then took a cab to the airport, but how nicely, our parents minus Doug went and got us some Cupcakes from Magnolia's so we could bring them home. And they are worth the trip home.

I loved loved loved this trip to New York. It really helped me out in my decision on whether or not I wanted to move there. And I do! Also a few other random things we did....
1. 2 Movies: Shopaholic and He's Just Not That Into You
2. Dylan's Candy Store (Ralph Lauren's daughters store. $10.99/lbs. Eeek!)
3. Facials, and not good ones might I add.
4. And lots of other really fun things that I can't think of.

I LOVE NEW YORK CITY!!!

7 comments:

  1. all that comes to my mind is one word after reading....
    JEALOUS!

    cant wait for our little reunion in less than a month! whoo whoo

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i'm so jealous of your trip...that sounds SO fun! I LOVE NYC!
    i haven't seen you in WAY too long...come visit us!

    ReplyDelete
  4. ok every detail of that trip sounds oh so fun! i love that place only been there a few times, but if i had to choose somewhere to go...NYC! just love the feel. good job on graduating and all! wayt to go missy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree with the one word thing...except i can think of two...SUPER JEALOUS! Yay for graduation in May- lets treat ourselves!

    ReplyDelete
  6. How about some pictures of your trip?

    ReplyDelete