4.25.2008

The Tudors...





School is out and I finally have some free time to just hang out. However, I am getting rather bored of doing nothing all day. The positive side:I have started reading again. Enjoyable books, and not TEXTBOOKS, but ones that I have picked out myself to read. Obviously. Well I bought this book in August, because I thought it looked interesting. It is called the Boleyn Inheritance. It is about Henry VIII and his 4th marriage to Anne of Cleves, and how he decides once again to ditch her and marry Katherine Howard, who coincidentally is Anne Boleyn's cousin. Anyway, So while reading all this, I've become practically obsessed with Henry VIII and his ruling and his time period. I've been to Hampton Court, which is the Palace he created for Anne Boleyn, may she RIP.

Maybe I'm just a big dork, but I've become enthralled with Henry the VIII. I'm absolutely dying to see The Other Boleyn Girl. I might even go today...

There is even a TV show called the Tudors that is about Henry the VIII. I think that I may not be the only one who has been captured by this unique time period and the last of the Tudor dynasty. But I may be the ONLY one who goes on Wikipedia to do more research about it....Okay so I'm really bored.

2 comments:

  1. No shame in your boredom!! tis a fasinating time period. Catch the flick Missy you'll love it, I know this. And if you're so bored, come hang out with me next week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. SWEET! My little history nerd cousin. I love love love the Tudors. The Other Bolyn Girl is the first book about Anne Boleyn and her sister. It is the first book BEFORE the Boleyn Inheritance. You have got to read it before you see it. Anyway...back to the Tudors. Have you rented the first season? I did and LOVED it! Don't be bored..,come visit me- two yellows could probably dig up some fun!

    ReplyDelete